British “news” outlets were all abuzz recently about reports that Jamie Foxx was being tapped to play Frank Sinatra in a biopic about Sinatra’s life to be helmed by director Martin Scorsese. Being stupid and bad journalists, several entertainment news organizations ran the story without question.
Turns out the whole thing started when Gawker.com made a joke suggesting Foxx play the role of Sinatra in Scorsese’s film.
Despite it being a joke, all this nonsense got me thinking – what poorly cast biopics would I love to see?
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience starring Miley Cyrus
- The Miley Cyrus Story starring Lindsay Lohan (it could take place 5 years from now)
- Mama Cass starring Kirstie Alley – That’s actually good casting. Nevermind.
- Tyler Perry’s Benedetto, which would be about Tony Bennett but to sell tickets he’d play him as Madea.
- Doll Parts starring Charlize Theron as Courtney Love. Oh wait, they did that movie when they made Monster.